Edexcel International AS and A Level Mathematics is accepted by universities and employers as proof of mathematical knowledge and understanding. Successful candidates gain lifelong skills, including:
• a deeper understanding of mathematical principles
• the further development of mathematical skills including the use of applications of mathematics in the context of everyday situations and in other subjects that they may be studying
• the ability to analyse problems logically, recognising when and how a situation may be represented mathematically
• the use of mathematics as a means of communication
• a solid foundation for further study.
The syllabus allows Centres flexibility to choose from three different routes to AS Level Mathematics –
Pure Mathematics only or Pure Mathematics and Mechanics or Pure Mathematics and Probability & Statistics.
Centres can choose from three different routes to Cambridge International A Level Mathematics depending on the choice of Mechanics, or Probability & Statistics, or both, in the broad area of ‘applications’.