Why should I choose this course?
This course is suitable for students who wish to progress to studying Business at University. Students should have an interest in current affairs and keep up to date with changes in the business environment. Students who have ideas to start their own business would also benefit from this course. There are many movies and documentaries that are effective for learning how a business operates. Business studies is complemented by studying ICT as many businesses use technologies in various aspects of the business.
The Edexcel business course enables students to understand and appreciate the nature and scope of business, and the role it plays in society. The course covers economic, environmental, ethical, governmental, legal, social and technological issues, and encourages a critical understanding of organisations, the markets they serve and the process of adding value. During the course students examine the management of organisations and, in particular, the process of decision-making in a dynamic external environment.
Edexcel learners will develop:
• the capacity to analyse characteristics and activities of business organisations and how they respond to the changing demands of their environments
• an understanding of how effective managers and leaders develop successful organisations in terms of customer focus and the products/services they offer
• the opportunity to reflect on how successful business organisations engage in financial and accounting practices to maximise value for stakeholders value
• development of knowledge that relates to strategic planning and decision-making to ensure business survival, change, and sustainable success
• a solid foundation for further study